The first meeting of the new look QPA will be held on Thursday 9 February at 11-13 Cobargo Street, Quaama at 10am (note: this meeting is not at Quaama Hall).
Positions that need filling are: Secretary, Membership Officer, Events Co-ordinater and Online/hard copy advertising assistant (job descriptions available, email us for details)
… all new residents very welcome.
The agenda for discussion includes:
- Tree planting next Spring… Can we involve the School children? What should we plant?
- The WiFi hotspot … in the Park or at the Hall? Things we need to cover regarding security/ insurance and cost.
- The Autumn Fair/Dog Show … Is this still needed? What does the community want now?
3a. Will we cater for the big dance party (Firies Fundraiser) at the hall in April instead?
- The return of monthly dinners at the Hall? … with so many new comers to Quaama, would this be the best way for people to meet? What Guest speakers can we find?
- The council required us to pay a fee to hold our meetings at the hall (due Sept. 2016) … do we really need it? Would meetings be better in members homes?
- The role of the QPA today? As a registered charity we can raise funds to maintain the hall/plant trees/put on events for the community. Are we still relevant?? Does the community we support, support us?
- What is covered by our insurance and how far does it extend?
If you can’t attend, but have an opinion on these, or any other issues, please email email@example.com