The committee managing the Quaama School of Arts Hall, on behalf of the community and council, has undergone significant change in the last few months. The purpose of this newsletter is to let you all know what the committee has planned, what changes have been made to hall booking and use processes, and the best ways for you to be involved in keeping our wonderful old community building sound and usable by all.
Booking the hall
We have a dedicated phone and email address for everyone to use when you want to book or discuss your booking of the Hall. No need to try and remember who is the current booking officer as this phone and email will be answered by whoever has the role at the time.
The mobile phone number for bookings is 0490 902 616 and the email address remains firstname.lastname@example.org
When you book the hall a booking form is required in every instance. These can be found online here … booking form, or request a form via the hall email address. You can also usually find a hard copy in the wooden pocket under the community noticeboard at Quaama Store. Please note that a booking isn’t confirmed until the form has been provided.
In addition, there are bond requirements (that have not always been applied previously) that will now be applied consistently. The booking officer will explain these arrangements when your booking is confirmed.
Looking Ahead …
We have a long list of maintenance and renovation projects planned and any community assistance will be appreciated.
The general list includes:
- Resolve the possum problem permanently
- Complete the renovation of the stage side dressing rooms
- Re-line the old library and renovate with shelving to be the hall storage room
- Reclaim the office and renovate and furnish for Hall office and quiet space/preparation area for event guests such as those getting married, funeral hosts, MCs, special guest speaker etc
- Re-decorate the foyer with hall memorabilia especially old photographs and appropriate furnishings
- Repaint the kitchen
- Paint the entire hall exterior – this will require grant funding and a number of working bees
- Hall grounds will be revised with consideration given to more native plantings, easier maintenance and water efficiency
- Clearing out years of rubbish, discards and un-needed/left-behind items both under and inside the hall
Community Gathering, Sunday 4 February
A community gathering is being planned for Sunday 4 February 2018. We will host a BBQ and invite all community members to attend to discuss upcoming projects in more detail, give us feedback on how you wish to use the hall and so that we can explain exactly how community members can be involved in all projects – including without needing to be on the committee.
Mark this date in your calendar and look out for flyers and an email notice with full details very very soon.
Our committee currently meets on the 2nd Thursday of the month from 10am and all community members are welcome.
We do need more committee members though and as we can have up to 12 on our committee, we plenty of room for anyone who would like to join and help us to liaise with council, manage our funds and grants and to lead the numerous projects that need to be undertaken to restore and keep our wonderful old community building sound and usable by all.
We look forward to seeing you on the 4th February
From the Quaama SoA Hall committee members