Fruit Preserving Workshop, Sat 7 April
(UPDATE) P.S. Looking for donations of fruit. Quinces, apples, rhubarb, berries, grapes and anything else that happens to be ripe in Autumn can be utilised!
We will be running a Fruit Preserving Workshop using the ‘Water bath’ or ‘Fowlers Vacola’ method of bottling fruit.
All proceeds will be donated to Quaama Public School to fund their enclosed orchard project!
Workshop participant numbers are strictly limited, as all participants take home 2 jars of their preserved fruit!
WHEN: Saturday 7th April
TIME: 10am to 3pm
COST: $120 per person
- 2 x jars of your delicious preserved fruit that you create during the workshop. This includes the Fowlers vacola jars, clips and lids that can be reused for your own preserving in the future!
- Workshop notes
- Lunch and morning tea
The workshops will cover the fundamentals of preserving fruit including;
- The fundamental theory behind safe preserving of fruit
- Fruit selection and preparation – skin on/skin off, whole, sliced, stewed etc
- The preserving process
- Modern, healthy preserving techniques using little or no sugar
- Hands on demonstrations throughout the day!
This method of preserving is a fantastic way to preserve surplus fruit during the warmer months when there is an abundance of fruit! There are also many other advantages such as
– allowing fruit to be preserved without artificial chemicals
– allowing fruit to be preserved with your choice of sweetening; including sugar, honey or no sweetening at all!
– allowing you to preserve organically grown produce
– minimising environmental impact as all jars and lids are reuseable!
– being very cost effective
– allowing you to create delicious deserts and fruit combinations that are ready to eat anytime!
We look forward to hearing from you!
If you have any enquiries, please do not hesitate to ask via
or phone or text on 0431 868 078